New site & Drakensbergs

New site & Drakensbergs
These are the mts from our village

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pre-departure Entry #1

Finally!  I have set up a blog.  I don't understand all the bells and whistles of this blog site so my posts will be pretty basic - at least for now. 

More experienced bloggers, I'd appreciate any tips, helpful hints or suggestions to improve my posts.

We are now less than ten weeks from departure.  We will be reporting for our stateside orientation (called "staging") on January 24th in either Philadelphia or the DC area.  The next day we fly to South Africa!  Most of our stuff has been in storage since the end of October so we both just need to pack our 2 bags of clothes etc. (80 lbs each) of what we want to bring for the next 2 1/4 YEARS!

This first post is a test to see if I've set things up right.  Please comment if you have been able to access this.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea! I'll be doing the same! Like you I'll be going to the Peace Corps (pending clearance and invitation) in August. This is a great way to stay in contact with friends and family back home.

    Keep us updated! I'd love to follow you.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete